Summer Operations Update
Happy summer vacation Aggies! Congratulations on making it through another school year. Whether you’re sticking around in Davis this summer or beating the heat somewhere else, this article will tell you everything you need to know about Bike Barn operations during the summer and give you some helpful tips about getting ready for the Fall.
The Bike Barn will be open over the summer providing our regular services including bike repair, bike building, rentals, and sales. We will be open for our regular hours Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm starting on 6/26.
- We will be closed the week of 6/19 through 6/23 to observe University holidays and give our employees a break between finals and Summer Session I.
- In addition, we will be closed on Thursday 6/29 and Friday 6/30 for our fiscal inventory count. We appreciate your patience with these closures, we will post any further updates to our hours on our website and Instagram page.
Repair turn around times are likely to be very fast over the summer. Summer is a great time to get your maintenance done so you can beat the line that inevitably forms during early Fall Quarter.
Once Move-In week comes around in late September, the Bike Barn gets very busy with huge workloads. The last two years we have experienced a tremendous Fall rush with new students buying bikes, returning students needing repairs, and all around excitement getting into the new school year! We love the activity, but we love getting you back on your bike quickly even more.
Bring your bike in over the summer for a free diagnostic and get your bike ready before the rush!
What about bike storage? The Bike Barn is not able to offer any bike storage this summer.
- The UC Davis Transportation Services - Bicycle Program is the on-campus solution for summer storage. They are offering first-come, first-served storage for a flat summer rate. You can check out their website with more information here.
Need a bike for next year? We’ve got a convenient solution! The ASUCD Bike Barn is proud to offer the Aggie Bike Buy online bike buy option.
- You can easily pre-order your bike to be built and fully accessorized for you over the summer, so it’s ready for pickup when you come to campus in the fall! Whether you’re a new student looking for a nice set of wheels to get around campus, or a returning student ready to upgrade your trusty steed, Aggie Bike Buy makes your fall plans just that much easier.
- We will be offering our full selection of new and used bikes in store as well, but these tend to sell fast, so come in early for your largest range of options!
- Don’t forget to add one of our Service Plans, our affordable and convenient maintenance plans, to keep your bike rolling in tip top shape! Check out more information about your service plan options here
Need us to build a bike for you? Our bike builds range from $65 to $130 depending on how much work and time is needed.
- Building a bike from a box tends to cost $130; our mechanics will fully assemble and adjust the entire bike (assembly all of required parts, wheel trues, bearing adjustments, brake adjustments, and tuning up your shifting).
- You can ship us your bike to build! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your intent to have us build your bicycle and we will write back to you with next steps.
If you’re thinking of purchasing or recently purchased a department store bike, we encourage you to bring it in and let us rebuild it. Most department store bikes need to be properly rebuilt to work as well as possible for as long as possible. We offer a basic bike rebuild starting at $65; this includes full adjustments of the bearings, wheels, gears and brakes to make the bike ride as smooth as possible. With this service, you’ll be safely set up for success so you can ride around campus smoothly on a reliable bike.
After all, that’s what we’re here for!
Have a great summer Aggies, and stop by the shop if you’re on campus and need anything bike related!